Followers

Monday 8 October 2012

Humm varnishing

I love painting my door knobs but I really don't enjoy the varnishing bit, it tends to get your fingers all sticky and the knobs are really hard to put down again once all wet.

What I do find useful for this task is my trusty non stick mat.  I am sure that you all have one as they are widely sold for paper crafting (blending alcohol inks) and the like.  But they are great for painting on as then you don't get knobs stuck to your work surface, and that simply wouldn't do, hee hee.

I am going to link to to Handmade Monday for the fist time, hope this works, lol.

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea! I collect jam jar lids to put under my plaques when they are drying, and I also have a collection of carpet underlay offcuts for the same thing! Welcome to Handmade monday - hope you enjoy it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I forgot to say your doorknobs are gorgeous! I've just had a quick look through the rest of your blog and they're just so lovely! What a really nice finishing touch they'd make to a child's room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely. I used to work for a company that sold the type of materials that non-stick mats are made of by the roll (used in F1, aerospace and military applications)! I have quite a good collection of them from that time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. They are just so cute. I don't know about getting annoyed when they are wet, I haven't got the talent or patience to make them in the first place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The door knobs look great. I didn't know about using non-stick mats - they look a great idea - I'm another who uses things like jam jar lids to lift them off the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun addition to a child's room!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your door knobs are great. (Also they are really reasonably priced.)

    ReplyDelete